Derwent Cottage Mews and Derwent Cottage Coach House Self Catering Apartments Access Statement
• From its ground floor entrance, a hallway is entered where there is plenty of hanging space for clothing and racks for footwear.
• A carpeted stairway leads to the fully carpeted accommodation.
• The living area consists of an open plan lounge/dining room and kitchen. A partially glazed stable door gives access to the garden via stone steps.
• The kitchen has fully integrated cupboards and equipment.
• The bedroom has furniture providing ample storage space and a super king bed (6 feet wide) with access from both sides, which can be twinned. Cotton bedlinen with synthetic duvet and pillows are provided.
• The en-suite bathroom has a bath with a separate shower over it, and there is a large, heated towel rail/radiator.
The Coach House
• From the parking area, a step takes you up into the porch. A ramp is available on request. The porch is large enough to accommodate a mobility scooter or a table and chairs and provides plenty of space for hanging clothes and storing muddy boots and has a power socket for recharging equipment.
• Double doors lead through into the fully equipped kitchen.
• An open area allows the re-locating of the porch table and chairs or parking a wheelchair.
• The bedroom has furniture providing ample storage space and a super king bed (6 feet wide) with access to both sides, which can be twinned. (Wheelchair access is limited to one side)
• The shower/wet room is fitted with grab rails in the standard recommended configuration and a large towel rail/radiator. A stool is available on request.
• French windows open out onto the patio and garden, flat access provided.
• The large, mature garden is available for all guests to take advantage of.
• Chairs and a table for use in the garden are to be found in each apartment.
• Benches are strategically placed for maximum enjoyment of the views and tranquillity.
• There is a fire extinguisher in each apartment and a fire blanket. A smoke sensor is to be found on the Mews landing and heat sensors in all other rooms.
• In the event of a fire the alarm will sound. Please advise us if both guests have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
• The building can be evacuated via the main entrances or garden doors.
• We do not permit smoking in the apartments, but you may smoke in the garden.
• Mobile phone reception in the area is variable because of the terrain but good within the Mews apartments.
• Address: Derwent Cottage, Portinscale, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5RF.
• Telephone: 017687 74838 This number also has an answer phone should it be unattended.
• Website: www.derwentcottage.co.uk
If you require further details or have any comments to make about the facilities we provide please contact us.