Derwent Cottage Mews and Derwent Cottage Coach House Self Catering Apartments Access Statement
• From its ground floor entrance, a hallway is entered where there is plenty of hanging space for clothing and racks for footwear.
• A carpeted stairway leads to the fully carpeted accommodation.
• The living area consists of an open plan lounge/dining room and kitchen. A partially glazed stable door gives access to the garden via stone steps.
• The kitchen has fully integrated cupboards and equipment.
• The bedroom has furniture providing ample storage space and a super king bed (6 feet wide) with access from both sides, which can be twinned. Cotton bedlinen with synthetic duvet and pillows are provided.
• The en-suite bathroom has a bath with a separate shower over it, and there is a large, heated towel rail/radiator.
The Coach House
• From the parking area, a step takes you up into the porch. A ramp is available on request. The porch is large enough to accommodate a mobility scooter or a table and chairs and provides plenty of space for hanging clothes and storing muddy boots and has a power socket for recharging equipment.
• Double doors lead through into the fully equipped kitchen.
• An open area allows the re-locating of the porch table and chairs or parking a wheelchair.
• The bedroom has furniture providing ample storage space and a super king bed (6 feet wide) with access to both sides, which can be twinned. (Wheelchair access is limited to one side)
• The shower/wet room is fitted with grab rails in the standard recommended configuration and a large towel rail/radiator. A stool is available on request.
• French windows open out onto the patio and garden, flat access provided.
• The large, mature garden is available for all guests to take advantage of.
• Chairs and a table for use in the garden are to be found in each apartment.
• Benches are strategically placed for maximum enjoyment of the views and tranquillity.
• There is a fire extinguisher in each apartment and a fire blanket. A smoke sensor is to be found on the Mews landing and heat sensors in all other rooms.
• In the event of a fire the alarm will sound. Please advise us if both guests have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
• The building can be evacuated via the main entrances or garden doors.
• We do not permit smoking in the apartments, but you may smoke in the garden.
• Mobile phone reception in the area is variable because of the terrain but good within the Mews apartments.
• Address: Derwent Cottage, Portinscale, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5RF.
• Telephone: 017687 74838 This number also has an answer phone should it be unattended.
If you require further details or have any comments to make about the facilities we provide please contact us.